Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Field Trips & Baseball

This entry's title would seem strange and completely disconnected from each other; and you would be right outside of the fact that my life has been severely influenced by these two things in this past week.

My good friend is a kindergarten teacher at a private school. She's had three field trips these past two weeks that I was enticed to help out with. I mean come on who wouldn't want to go to the fire station or the pumpkin patch with sixteen crazy little kids! It was a workout for sure but also a good reminder of how to enjoy the variety of life and how to view things through the eyes of a child at times. Not to mention my immeasurable respect and awe of my friend who deals with these little ones each day, but even more then that she loves and invests in them in ways most teachers never fully grasp. So that is my nugget of wisdom and encouragement for the day, with an added picture and now we can move on to the less edifying highlight of my week!


I have to admit this second topic has been a really fun and intense addition to my life since being back in central California: BASEBALL!!! First, watching the Oakland Athletics almost make it to the playoffs was like a dream after an incredibly surprising pre-season. Then, we get to pain-staking anticipate the Giants make history getting into the playoffs, then only to pull that stunt once again as they slide right into the World Series last night for the second year in a row, after drawing it out to the seventh game with the St. Louis Cardinals! I know professional sports isn't everything in life but I am sure glad God made some humans capable of playing these games so that the rest of us can comfortably watch from a distance, on the edge of our seats of course, ha ha.

Hope you enjoyed my simple excitements for the week and can now look back at your own and see a few things God graced you with as well.
Laina

No comments:

Post a Comment