Friday, October 12, 2012

Being Present

Some times when God has put a call on our life to go some where, there is still a preparation period before we leave. This time isn't always about studying and maturing in our skills, though those things are important, it is more so about being present in a certain place at a certain time for the Lord's intended purpose.

I have been eager for the time when I can return to Tunisia, but God has taken this extra time in the United States to remind me of the importance of the body all over the world and what my active role is in that body regardless of how long I will stay in one given place. God can use each of us in unmeasurable ways for just one moment or one day, as long as we obediantly follow His orchestrated plan.

Throughout my time in America while support raising I asked the Lord one request, "If you are going to keep me here longer then I would like, please at least show me why". He has been answering my prayer ever since I got here but I only realized it in these past two weeks. God can do anything on his own but he chooses to use us to love each other, support each other, and speak into each others lives.

I was blessed in Los Angeles to be there for a close friend during a time that she really needed someone to understand her expereince and speak acceptance and love into her life. Also, once I got back to San Jose last week, my Grandfather had unexpected heart surgery. I was honored to be the family member that held my Grandmothers hand and pray with them both before he went into the operating room.

God gives us purpose in different, most of the time, unexpected ways. All I know is that I am so grateful for the time He has given me to be with and care for my friends and family, because He knows there will be many times in my life to come that I will not be able to stand by my loved ones in person when they go through scary, painful, and surprising situations.

Thank the Lord today for the people he has provided to surround you in hard times,
Laina

No comments:

Post a Comment