Saturday, November 24, 2012

We Wage War....Why?

In my conversations recently the topic of war seems to have come up a lot whether we are referring to a historical war, the military, or the battle that as Christ followers we were born into and responsible to start fighting daily as our maturity grows.

I know most of you are thinking, "It's Thanksgiving weekend why am I talking about war", but people don't realize how much we have to be thankful for because of those that wage war in each of these categories. We are not excluded from this responsibility either because in the very least, we are called to fight the battle of integrity everyday so that the Lord's light shines brighter and makes our battle that much easier. We are to be the army that fights each day for truth, sovereignty in God, and the peace of eternal grace.

For those of you also fighting in the armed forces I want to appreciate your sacrifice in how the Lord has brought you to a commitment of defending your earthly country as well. I can only imagine the conviction it takes to make that choice, but I pray the Lord convicts me with the same sense of duty, honor, and sacrifice as I seek to lay down my desires and comforts to battle the images, abuses, emotions, and sins of this world in seeking to redeem the view and voice of women around the world. God made woman beautiful and purposeful for Him, and through certain people He brings around the hand you need to step out of the ditch people have come to know as home.

If you are that hand for someone else and have been denying the push He has put on your life to step up, today re-evaluate who you are deciding to leave in the ditch because of your choice. If you are the one living in that ditch, start looking for the hand because in choosing to stay in your ugly existence you are telling God his creation is not worth refining and using for His glory.

So I think it is fair to say we all have a war to be in and a battle to fight, we should get working!

With all the sincerity of my soul,
Laina

No comments:

Post a Comment