Friday, September 21, 2012

Lattes and World Peace

Well this may be a strange way to start my first blog post, but all the advise I've been given, is to be myself and talk about whats going on in my life.

So, I have been sitting at Starbucks for the past two days slaving over this, I'm sure terribly exciting blog, meanwhile the region of the world that I am working desperately hard to return to is surviving utter turmoil and rage. Tunisia I hope to be back soon!

It is so amazing to me that a nation such as the United States does not realize that with freedom of expression also comes the responsibility to know how what your saying affect others. By all means have an opinion and feel free to express your thoughts, but not in a manner that insults, hurts, and violates others in a way that you would not wish to be represented either.

Likewise, though I too was enraged at just the first few seconds of this vile film, responding in violence only is hurting the region more instead of seeking to look past the ignorant and malicious intend of a broken and wrong man. Now having given you my two cents on the matter, and nearing the end of my third latte for the day, I urge you to take a moment and pray for our messy world, and then let me know your thoughts on the matter.

I'm so thankful God is in control....blessings to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment